Dig into this comprehensive guide from successful restaurateur and author Christopher Egerton-Thomas, who dishes out good advice on everything from coming up with a winning concept, choosing a location, and equipping a kitchen to designing the menu, decorating the dining room, and managing a staff. Whether you want to open an upscale restaurant or a diner, a bistro or a burger joint, specialize in ethnic cuisine or go with an established franchise, How to Open and Run a Successful Restaurant, Third Edition gives you the essential information to do it right.
The Third Edition of the celebrated soup-to-nuts classic is updated for today's competitive marketplace and features an expanded examination of the franchise system, in-depth discussions on customer relations, and a wealth of information on staff training-one of the most important ingredients for success. It covers:
- Guidance on financing, taxes, insurance, health and safety, legal issues, and more
- Marketing research, including evaluating local competition to refine your concept
- Evaluating franchise opportunities-the pros and cons of going with an established concept
- Effective staff training-both initial and ongoing
- The "feel-good factor"-that intangible quality that keeps customers coming back for more